With the appropriate privileges, users can copy a case including copying a case from one product to another product.
Open the case to be copied and then select the (three dots) and in the drop-down select Copy Case potion.
A pop-up box will display to identify how the copied case will be identified and where it is to be copied to. The options display will depend upon the privileges of the user.
When a case is copied the system identifies the copied case as a new case and the following apply:
- When a case is copied, the user must have case credits on their user account. The copied case will now display the new case credits based on the user copying the case. case credits must be manually updated if the author information from the original case is needed.
- The logged in user (user making the copy) will be assigned case editor for the copied case.
- A copied case receives a new Case ID # but the original Case ID information is identified.
- The "Last edited Date" is not copied from the original case.
- The publishing date is not copied to the new case.
- Any editor comments will not be copied to the new case.
- Any routing information and / or status is not copied to the new case.
- Flag status is not copied to the new case.
- The script will be copied to the new case.
- Any NLP will be copied to the new case.
- A new audit log is created for the new Case ID.
- The CME Eligible status will not be carried forward. If copying to a product that uses CME (Case in Point), that box must be checked manually.
- Post Test questions will be copied but they are removed from the script.
- Page i for Case in Point cases will be removed from the script.
- The case created date will not be copied from the original case to the new case.
- Any user responses saved to the original case will not be copied to the new case.